The Langley Children Committee a collaborative partnership of public and non-profit agencies operating in Langley on behalf of children aged 0-12 years. The committee is comprised of but not limited to representatives of the following organizations:
|Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC||Langley Division of Family Practice|
|City of Langley||Langley Literacy Network|
|Langley District Parent Advisory Council||Langley Public Health|
|Encompass Support Services Society||Langley School District #35|
|FamilySmart||Lower Fraser Valley Aboriginal Society|
|Family Support Institute of BC||Metis Nation of BC|
|Fort Langley Child Care Society||Ministry of Children and Family Development|
|Fraser Health||The Centre for Child Development|
|Fraser Valley Regional Library||Township of Langley|
|Inclusion Langley Society||Waceya and Metis Nation|
|Ishtar Women’s Resource Society||YWCA of Metro Vancouver|
Langley Community Services Society
Langley Hospice Society
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Child & Youth Mental Health and Substance Use – Local Action Team
The Langley Local Action Team is a Child and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use (CYMHSU) Collaborative made up of public and non-profit agencies in Langley. Our purpose is to support youth and their families seeking and receiving timely access to local mental health and substance use resources. We believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. The team is comprised but not limited to representatives of the following organizations:
|BC Responsible & Problem Gambling Program||Langley School District #35|
|Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC||Local physicians|
|City of Langley||Ministry of Children and Family Development|
|Community Justice Initiatives Associations||Pivot Point|
|Encompass Support Services||Services to Adults with Developmental Disabilities|
|FamilySmart||Stepping Stone Service Society|
|Fraser Health||Township of Langley|
|Fraser/Metro Vancouver Mental Health Needs||Waceya and Metis Nation|
|Langley Community Services Society||Youth Unlimited|
|Langley Division of Family Practice|
- Langley is a community where all children and families thrive.
Our Mission is:
- To work collaboratively to support and facilitate every family’s right to be healthy, safe and supported.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Collaboration: we leverage the capacity of others through respectful relationships and common goals to increase our impact on the lives of children and families.
- Universal: we recognize that every family has a right to be healthy, safe and supported.
- Inclusive: we approach shared actions based on the belief that all individuals have equal worth and rights, and we actively promote acceptance and participation of all children and families in opportunities.
- Innovation: we are creative with our resources; think boldly about change and foster best and promising practices. We celebrate our success.